Open Call For Entries
Call for Entry:
Brighton Main Street Wine Art Music (WAM) Festival 2019 – 20th Anniversary Tent, August 2-4, 2019
In previous years, the Brighton Chamber of Commerce has sponsored the Plein Air and Michigan Scapes events in the large tent during the annual street Festival in August.
This year, the Brighton Art Guild has been invited to have a retrospective celebrating the Guild’s 20th Anniversary at the Main Street tent. This venue will not only highlight the Guild’s mission of bringing art into the community with art in public places and student scholarships, it will also showcase the winners in the past 20 years of Kaleidoscope, the Guild’s all member show with “the Winner’s Circle”.
All past winners in Kaleidoscope, from Best of Show to HM and People’s Choice, are invited to submit 2-3 jpgs of their work. This could be the piece(s) that won an award, and/or other “best work”. A selection committee will jury in the pieces that will be in the Winner’s Circle exhibition.
There will be an entry fee of $20 for non-BAG members, current BAG members are exempt. Entry fees will be collected separately upon receipt of entry information. Online membership renewal is available on the Brighton Art Guild website. Being a member qualifies you to participate in the 2019 Kaleidoscope at the Green Oak Village Mall.
Please email your jpgs to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Each jpg should be labeled as follows Artistnametitlesize.jpg (example: SmithTheForesth8xw10.jpg – h8 being height 8”, w10 being width 10”). Size limitation is 36” wide *(w) framed. Any artwork exceeding this width limitation will not be hung.
- Subject line: KAL Winners Circle
- Please include in the body of the email your full name, title, medium, price for each piece submitted. Artwork can be for sale or NFS.
- If possible, please include in which year(s) won and award(s) overall.
- The Guild will take a 20% commission on any work sold.
- Submissions shall constitute an agreement to comply with all the conditions set for entry into the exhibition. We reserve the right to photograph and reproduce in any form the entries for this show for purposes of publicity and/or education. The Brighton Art Guild and it agents are not responsible for loss of or damage to any artwork while in the Guild's possession. Insurance is the responsibility of each artist.
- All accepted artists will be required to gallery sit either at the Anniversary tent or at the member exhibition tents in front of CoBACH, or serve some other role in the success of the Winner’s Circle at WAM.
- Deadline for submissions is June 15th. If a member is accepted, they have the option of early check in or regular check in on July 31st at CoBACH.
- There will be People’s Choice voting among fairgoers for Winner’s Circle.Award amount TBD.
Save the Dates:
Members’ Tents at the Brighton Wine Arts and Music Festival August 2-4, 2019
The Brighton Art Guild will host display tents during the Brighton Wine, Arts and Music Festival (formerly Fine Art and Acoustic Music Festival) during the weekend of August 2-4, 2019. These tents will be right in front of CoBACH on Main Street. Members can enter up to two pieces, and 10 or more $100 and under pieces for the Gallery Store. There is no entry fee for this event. Drop off will be Wednesday, July 31, Pick Up Sunday, August 4. Members are required to gallery sit at the CoBACH location or at the 20th Anniversary tent. More details to follow.
Save the Dates:
Kaleidoscope 2019 at the Green Oak Village Mall –
Exhibition dates October 11-20, 2019
Kaleidoscope will be returning to the Green Oak Village Mall for the 20th Anniversary celebration. The location is the old Rue 21 between Home Goods and JC Penney. With tons of floor and wall hanging space, we are looking forward to one of the best Kaleidoscopes ever.
Kaleidoscope is an exhibition showcasing members of the Guild artwork along with a Gallery Store for smaller works of art. All entrants are required to Gallery sit during the exhibition.
Mark your calendars for the following:
Intake: October 8, Tuesday 12pm – 6:30 pm
Soft Opening: October 11, Friday
Artist Reception: October 12, Saturday
Pick up: 5pm October 20th (end of show)
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUTNITY OPEN CALL TO ALL VISUAL ARTS, GRAPHIC DESIGN, & ANIMATION STUDENTS - click to download prospectus